Certified Medical Assistant
Job responsibilities including, but not limited, to:
- Check patient's medical records for pertinent data and enter inpatient information using the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system used by the clinic.
- Responsible to greet escort patients to exam rooms and triage of patients.
- Must be able to communicate professionally with patients, physicians, and coworkers
- Must be able to lift between 10-30 lbs.
- Obtain past medical history as well as initial information vital signs like temperature, pulse, blood pressure as well as respiration, height, weight, BMI.
- Document chief complaints of patients; notifying the provider of unusual symptoms or complaints
- Assisting provider in maintaining a productive workflow and keeping track of tasks assigned for patients.
- Assist in telephone follow-up with the patient as directed, scheduling appointments, reviewing test results over the phone, checking phone messages, returning phone calls, and general administrative duties as required
- Assist with basic patient health education when required
- Inspect exam rooms for cleanliness equipment condition and maintain orderliness as well as cleanliness of clinic work area
- Maintain ordered supplies; keeping area stocked; check for medical supplies that are outdated
- Responsible for performing needed filing, chart documentation processing telephone follow-up as assigned
- Perform spirometry; EKG; point of care testing phlebotomy services as directed, as well as any additional assistance required by the provider.
- Administer injections and immunizations for patients ordered
- Report unusual occurrences that may involve the safety as well as well-being of the patients and/or co-workers
- Perform duties in a prioritized, organized, and also orderly manner to maximize clinic efficiency productivity
- Attend and assist testers and/or providers during outreach testing events. Notification of dates and times will be given in advance to allow for proper scheduling. On these dates, hours will be changed to ensure employees will not exceed hours for that day.
- Travel may be required to partner office(s) to provide assistance to partner office(s) when needed, as well as to outreach events.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level, Entry Level
Job Function : General