BayFirst National Bank is a full-service community bank as well as a national SBA and Residential Mortgage Lender dedicated to providing a wide range of high quality banking services delivered in a personalized, friendly manner. Founded in 1999 and headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, we are a true community bank with the goal of becoming a one-stop shop and trusted financial resource for the communities that we serve.
Understanding that our employees are our most valuable resource, we are committed to providing career development opportunities, competitive compensation, and generous benefits to our entire workforce. As an organization, we encourage open communication in an environment of mutual respect, where hard work is rewarded, and a professional but informal atmosphere is valued within the workplace.
Responsible for developing new mortgage origination business, maintaining a current knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, and providing the documentation required within the operations department. The CRA Mortgage Loan Officer will also coordinate and lead community development initiatives in their market. This position will serve the Tampa/St. Petersburg area and be an integral part of the Bank's CRA efforts. Base salary plus commission plan, bi-lingual skills a plus!
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Originates residential mortgage loans through various referral sources. Develops relationships with real estate professionals, builders, and other business referral sources to maintain a quality network and establish a book of business for new mortgage lending opportunities.
2. Conducts interviews with prospective borrowers to analyze financial and credit data, determines customer financing objectives, advises customer on product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gathers any additional required information.
3. Participates in business related development opportunities, and community efforts to promote homeownership. Develops and executes marketing plan based on monthly and quarterly production standards.
4. This position requires you to act as a MLO Mortgage Loan Originator which is defined as an individual who takes loan applications, and /or offers or negotiates the terms of a loan for compensation or gain. All Mortgage Loan Originators ("MLO") are required to register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry ("NMLS"), obtain a unique identifier, and annually renew the registration, as defined by the S.A.F.E. Act requirements.
5. Maintains a current knowledge of mortgage lending laws and regulations and adheres to all state and federal laws and regulations.
6. Cooperates with & participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures & practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness.
7. Responds to inquiries from customers, management and co-workers within a reasonable time period.
8. Represents First Home Bank in a positive professional manner by keeping all members of each deal informed, good or bad, and taking the extra initiative to meet the clients’ need Qualifications Requirements
Job Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Minimum 3 years of experience mortgage origination required;
- Thorough knowledge of current mortgage lending regulations, communicative & sales skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Problem solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Promote a positive work environment.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where changes to procedures are common.
- Ability to communicate in a professional, respectful and assertive manner.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize while speaking with customers.
- Proven decision-making ability.
- Ability to input and interpret data.
Education and Certification Requirements:
- NMLS registration required.
“BayFirst National Bank believes that diversity and inclusivity are essential to positive long-term success and achieving our strategic business goals. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage diverse and talented applicants to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Not Applicable
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Finance
Apply Here : https://www.bayfirstfinancial.com/careers/