Salary Range:$20.0000 To 23.0000 Hourly
The Patient Navigator will work to promote health equity and ensure that activities/services are aligned with SPFC’s vision, mission, programs, and values to promote health and access for all. The Patient Navigator will work one on one with patients in our Health Center as well as clients in our We Help Services program to remove barriers to care by identifying and navigating through critical resources to promote client health. The Patient Navigator serves as a bridge for clients and patients between SPFC’s programs and other community resources, assessing the immediate needs and providing warm, comprehensive hand-offs to relevant programs or providers. The Navigator works to assist uninsured patients to find services and providers for medical needs that are beyond the scope of our practice. Many of those whom we treat also have other needs as well. The Patient Navigator will work closely with our Client Advocate team to help patients navigate non-medical needs, such as housing, utility assistance, transportation and applying for benefits. The Advocate will also work to further develop SPFC’s knowledge base of resources, continuously educating staff and volunteers. This position will report to the Health Center Director and will also assist with programmatic duties, including intake, client interviews, and supervision and training of volunteers.
SPFC requires that all newly hired employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. If a potential candidate has a medical or religious exemption to receiving a vaccine, your work conditions may require adjustment. SPFC will make reasonable accommodations under Federal and State laws as needed.
- Contribute to an environment of respect and dignity through every interaction with patients, volunteers and co-workers.
- Meet with patients individually to assess immediate needs and develop plans for assistance.
- Provide adequate follow-up with patients to ensure connection with continued care or community resources and provide ongoing facilitation when needed.
- Identify and build relationships with medical providers who will see and treat patients for conditions beyond our scope of practice.
- Input patient data and maintain patient records, respecting client confidentiality.
- Be knowledgeable of local resources and services available to clients, including processes and requirements for obtaining assistance.
- Work closely with DOH, Baycare, and other patient navigators to advocate on behalf of our patients to find continued care.
- Develop and maintain network and good working relationships with other services providers to best serve patient needs.
- Assist patients with Medicaid, Medicare and Blue Card applications.
- Attend networking and service provider meetings to remain informed of all relevant resources and programs.
- Educate other staff and volunteers about relevant services available to our clients. Prepare training materials, resource lists, and conduct volunteer trainings, when appropriate.
- Maintains documentation and records in compliance with HIPAA, and SPFC policies and procedures
- Maintains confidentiality
- Supports the St. Petersburg Free Clinic’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Ensures communications and interactions with patients are conducted with dignity and respect
- Adheres to agency policies and procedures and all Federal and State regulations and local ordinances
Required Skills & Abilities
- Strong relationship-building skills with both internal stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capability to prioritize inter- and cross-departmental collaboration
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and related software
- Capability to use a broad range of technology
- Commitment to and modeling of St. Petersburg Free Clinic mission and values
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Medical or medical office experience or 2 years minimum experience in healthcare patient navigation or social outreach strongly preferred.
- Social services/human services experience, supervisory experience and background with general office administration are greatly desired.
- Candidate must be knowledgeable about public assistance, social services, and other local resources available to clients in Pinellas County.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
SPFC is a Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : Entry Level
Apply Here : https://stpetersburgfreeclinic.org/careers/