Special Events Manager
The Special Events Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and execution of fundraising events at the St. Pete Free Clinic (SPFC). Additionally, this position is responsible for assisting with planning and implementing event details for community events, internal meetings, and activities in support of donor relationships and overall growth of the organization. The role may involve collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, including donors, volunteers, vendors, and other organizations. This position will work in coordination on other projects as assigned by the Director of Strategic Partnerships, other office staff and volunteers to increase fundraising efforts for SPFC. This is a fully onsite position in St. Petersburg, FL.
SPFC requires that all newly hired employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. If a potential candidate has a medical or religious exemption to receiving a vaccine, your work conditions may require adjustment. SPFC will make reasonable accommodations under Federal and State laws as needed.
- Assists the Director of Strategic Partnerships with planning event concepts, researching venues, vendors, and catering options, creating event timelines, coordinating logistics, managing budgets, and ensuring all necessary permits and insurance are obtained.
- Provides on-site coordination of events, including coordinating with venue staff and program logistics before, during, and after events.
- Works with and maintains relationships with vendors, sponsors, volunteers, and staff to ensure seamless execution of events and fundraising initiatives.
- Performs administrative duties such as, but not limited to, meeting scheduling and meeting notes for planning groups and event host committees.
- Manages the inventory, ordering, and maintaining event supplies, both owned and rented.
- Creates and maintains on-line registration systems for meetings and events.
- Ensures all pertinent event data is captured, organized, and formatted to hand off to Development Coordinator
- Assists the Director of Strategic Partnerships and Development Coordinator in evaluating and analyzing data to determine the success of events and fundraising initiatives and making recommendations for future improvements.
- Supports the Development team by continuously researching, developing, and executing innovative ideas to enhance the overall event experiences for guests.
- Manages time with the ability to effectively balance multiple events at different stages.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Maintains documentation and records in compliance with policies and procedures
- Maintains confidentiality
- Supports the St. Petersburg Free Clinic’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Adheres to agency policies and procedures and all Federal and State regulations and local ordinances
Required Skills & Abilities
- Organizational and time management skills to best handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to professionally address a wide and varied audience both internally and externally.
- Providing a high level of customer service to donors, vendors, and community partners
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques and event planning strategies preferred
- Strong relationship-building skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capability to prioritize inter- and cross-departmental collaboration
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and related software
- Capability to use a broad range of technology
- Commitment to and modeling of St. Petersburg Free Clinic mission and values
- Database experience or knowledge preferable.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Education & Experience:
- 0-3 years of event planning or related experience
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality management, non-profit management, business administration, communications, marketing, or a related field is preferred. Relevant experience may be substituted.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Reliable transportation to and from event locations is required.
SPFC is a Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Development
Apply Here : https://stpetersburgfreeclinic.org/careers/