About The Role
St Pete Pride is seeking a passionate, strategic, and collaborative Executive Director to help steward the organization through its 20th year and beyond. As St Pete Pride sets its sights on leading the transformation of St. Petersburg into one of the nation's premier LGBTQ+ destinations, the ED will be responsible for implementing organizational structure and maintaining the financial and operational well-being of the organization. The Executive Director will work collaboratively with the Board Of Directors and key volunteer team members to ensure that the organization's operations, fundraising, marketing, communications, community partnerships, and event strategies are effectively implemented. The Executive Director will sustain strong relationships with the community, donors, media, the public, volunteers, local business communities, government officials, and other LGBTQ+ organizations. The ED reports to the Board Of Directors.
Organizational Strategy and Leadership
- Actively work to build, mentor and inspire a team of qualified volunteers by implementing a culture of inclusivity, respect, and productive communication.
- Champion a safe, inclusive, and happy working environment.
- Oversee all day-to-day operations (including but not limited to fundraising, managing volunteer committees, programming, communications, event planning), with ultimate accountability for the success of the organization.
- Develop a multi-year strategy to keep St Pete Pride growing and evolving as an organization, with an active goal of increasing the diversity of our own organization.
- Work with the Board Of Directors to review, update, and measure progress toward short- and long-term goals and objectives.
- Create and share roadmaps and timelines for St Pete Pride events with key event planning and oversight stakeholders.
- Actively seek and nurture relationships with sponsors and community partners, including the City of St. Petersburg.
- Develop and proactively manage relationships with vendors and media partners including advertising agencies, event production vendors (e.g. A/V, food and beverage), and print/TV/radio media partners.
- Creatively and aggressively seek opportunities for St Pete Pride to benefit from grants and other non-sponsorship funding sources.
- Oversee the fiscal integrity of the organization, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget as well as monthly updates and projections.
- Work with the Board Treasurer to provide monthly financial statements that accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Develop, grow, and maintain innovative funding sources for the organization and its existing or new programs.
- Manage and oversee all grant applications, deadlines, and reporting.
External Presence and Advocacy
- Represent the organization and the broader LGBTQ+ community by being active and visible in the community, including participation in media opportunities.
- Represent and advocate for St Pete Pride at other regional Pride events.
- Participate on behalf of St Pete Pride in national and international Pride organizations with a key objective of sharing best practices that elevate the work of St Pete Pride, while participating in collective advocacy for the LGBTQ+ community nationally and globally.
- 5+ years progressive leadership
- 2+ years managing budget with for-profit organization
- Authentic passion for celebrating and promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in our community.
- Leadership experience with a proven track record of taking initiative, problem solving, and building strong relationships.
- A collaborative mindset with an ability to use technology to maintain shared visibility into key projects.
- Have excellent time management skills.
- Have an ability to stay calm and professional under pressure.
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills, both in one-on-one settings and to a large group, always representing St Pete Pride with excellence and professionalism.
- Networking, negotiation (conflict management and resolution) and presentation skills.
- Excellent office management and computer skills, including strong competence with spreadsheets, word processing and presentation tools.
- Some travel required as is the ability and willingness to work flexible hours including some weekends and evenings.
- Must be willing to prioritize, work, and attend Pride and all the events leading up to Pride in June. Due to the nature of our organization, it is strongly discouraged to take PTO 30 days before Pride and two weeks after.
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
SPP is an equal opportunity employer, and we will hire regardless of race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable law.
SPP values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage women, people of color, transgender individuals, and members of other underrepresented and marginalized populations to apply.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. All applications will be reviewed by the Board Of Directors. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Associate Degree
Experience Level : Executive
Job Function : General
Apply Here : firstname.lastname@example.org