Position Summary: The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for scheduling, events and preparation of briefing materials along with the daily office operations. Work ranges from standardized office support assignments to performance of administrative duties involving decision-making and judgment. Public contact is a major component of the position, both internal and external to the organization. Work requires contact with executive staff, representatives of state agencies, board members, business members, elected/appointed representatives, and the public.
Background: The Tampa Bay LGBT Chamber is a nonprofit organization working to advance common business interests, economic growth, and equality in the workplace and society for its LGBT and allied businesses, corporations, and professional members by providing educational, networking, and community engagement. With more than 1,200 members throughout the Tampa Bay Region, the Chamber is the premier voice of the Greater Tampa Bay LGBT business community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist President & CEO, and Key Staff.
- Manage all accounting duties including; accounts payable/receivables, payroll, collections, monthly reconciliation and reporting, with a high degree of accuracy.
- Create/maintain electronic and paper files and receipts.
- Create, design, and publish content for website and monthly newsletters.
- Manage Chamber member database.
- Assist in investor relations; membership relations, communication, and onboarding
- Assist in event management; develop event-specific marketing materials, preparation and support of chamber organized events
- Coordination of meetings and events for the Chamber
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation: Salary rage of $12.00 - $15.00 per hour, eligible for end-of year bonus- based on overall organizational performance
- $20 Aflac Stipend
- Paid Time off- according to employee handbook
- Paid Holidays- according to employee handbook
- Eligible for end-of year bonus- based on overall organizational performance
Commitment to Inclusivity, Equity and Representation: TBLGBTC is an equal opportunity employer committed to having a diverse staff and board reflective of the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and other underrepresented and historically marginalized groups.
This position will be based out of our St. Petersburg Office. The Executive Assistant may be able to work remotely based on availability. The Executive Assistant will be expected to travel around the region to visit members on site and for special events and meetings on a limited basis.
How to Apply:
TBLGBTC is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities are encouraged to apply.
Please submit the following to email@example.com
- Cover Letter
- Three (3) References
- Two (2) Writing Samples:
- How do you think your personal background or experiences, professional or otherwise, have prepared you to contribute to our commitment to anti-racism and equity internally and externally?
- In your own words, what does a Chamber of Commerce do?
Applicants that do not submit all required materials will not be considered. The position is available immediately. All applications will be reviewed and acted upon as they are received, and the position will be filled as soon as the appropriate candidate is found. Therefore, it is recommended that you submit your materials as soon as possible.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Administrative
Apply Here : firstname.lastname@example.org